|With a burst of U.S. housing bubble, affordable housing may finally come in a few years. I started to learn some knowledge on real estate investment a while ago. From what I learn, a competent real-estate agent is invaluable. Here is one interesting article from MSN titled Find a superstar real-estate agent.
Besides referral, the article listed eight questions to ask your candidate agents:
- May I see your resume? This is an interesting one. I have been interviewed by many people, and didn't expect that I can interview agents this way. I'll take this advice.
- What's your commission? Only relevance to a seller?
- What makes you special?
- How often will I hear from you?
- What's your plan for marketing my home? Seller only.
- How many transactions did you complete last year?
- What do you know about the neighborhoods where I want to live? I'm surprised that information on crime and school performance are not allowed to be disclosed by real estate agents. Again, asking for information sources such as Sperling's Best Places may come in handy.
- Are you a solo agent or part of a team? This may impact how you evaluate the performance of this agent.
Labels: Housing, How to, Investment, personal finance, Real Estate